June 18, 2014
Water Leaks Left Unattended Can Cause Serious Damage to Your Home
If you’ve got water stains on your ceilings or walls, there’s a good chance you’ve got leaky plumbing. Leaks can cause extensive damage to plaster, drywall and woodwork, and can create an environment where mold and mildew can flourish.
Before you start to panic, you should know that there are effective, non-invasive methods that can determine where your leak is coming from, making it possible for a licensed plumber to locate and repair your leak quickly and effectively.
Common Indicators of Leaky Pipes
If your home has any of these warning signs, call a plumbing professional right away:
- Spongy or moist areas on walls, ceilings or floors
- Unexplained sound of running water
- Unusually high water bill
- Mold or mildew growing on walls or other surfaces
- Cracked foundation or concrete floors
- Curious foul odors
You might worry, I think I have a leaky pipe, but I don’t want to tear apart my walls or floors.
So, how do you detect leaking plumbing, and more importantly, find reliable water service to repair it, causing as little damage to your home as possible? With water leak detection and service by Feehan Plumbing, Heating and Cooling.
Water Leak Services
- Leak Detection: Some water service companies use a “trial-and-error” approach to find the source of leaks behind walls and under floors. This method can be time consuming, expensive and can cause extensive and unnecessary damage. Feehan Plumbing uses up-to-date electronic equipment, including video pipe inspection techniques, to detect the source of leaks quickly, without having to remove drywall and flooring. Even the smallest leaks can be found using these non-invasive methods.
- Water Service: Once the location of your leak has been determined, your Feehan plumber will repair the damaged pipe, removing as little of the wall or floor as possible. While he or she is working, your plumber will do an inspection of surrounding pipes to look for corrosion and other possible indicators of future problems.
Think you might have a leaky pipe? Call Feehan Plumbing, Heating and Cooling today!
Our Service Areas