June 10, 2014
Keep Your Home Comfortable All Summer Long
All winter long, you look forward to spending hot summer days sunning at the beach or watching your kids’ Little League team from the bleachers. But what about those steamy August nights when you can’t get to sleep? Or straining your back lugging window-unit air conditioners down from the attic? Not so much.
Professional air conditioner installation can provide the solution.
Why Air Conditioner Installation?
- Keep your home at comfortable, consistent temperatures all summer long
- Save on electric bills with new, energy-efficient systems
- Programmable and Wi-Fi thermostats provide 24-hour temperature control
- Increase the value of your home
You might be saying, this sounds great, but I don’t know if I can afford air conditioner installation. While central air conditioning does seem luxurious, the truth is that being cool and comfortable all summer long costs less than you might think. Air conditioning can also increase the value of your home when it comes time to sell, in most cases allowing you to recoup your investment.
So, how do you find the right central air conditioning system for your home and get professional, reliable installation? With an air conditioner installation by Feehan Plumbing, Heating and Cooling!
The Air Conditioning Installation Process
- Assessment: A professional air conditioning installer will come to your home and perform an assessment to determine what type of air conditioning system is right for you. The type of unit you should install will be determined by the size of your home, your budget and the level of energy efficiency you’re looking for.
- Ductwork: If your home has existing ductwork used for forced hot air heating, your air conditioning installer can most likely use this for your air conditioning. If your home does not have existing ductwork, a skilled installer will be able to hide it behind walls and closets, minimizing what you’ll be able to see. Owners of older homes, which do not typically have a lot of space inside of their walls, may be able to take advantage of a newer type of ductwork made form narrow, flexible tubing.
- Time: For homes with existing ducts, air conditioner installation usually takes about two days. If ductwork needs to be installed, expect the entire process to take four to five days, and to cost a bit more.
Ready to cool off? Call Feehan Plumbing, Heating and Cooling today!
Our Service Areas